I was challenged to list the top 10 books that I felt like had an impact on my life. Apologies in advance to those expecting to see a list of classics and literature. I’m an unabashed escapist reader – and most of my books reflect that.
Here’s my list:
- Gone with the Wind. An unhappy ending? Those didn’t exist until I read this. Not to mention the amazing historical characters and detail.
- Pride and Prejudice. I love the misunderstandings, the pride and the strong characters.
- Little Red Hen. The book I remember most from early childhood showed me how helping out pays off in the end.
- Where the Sidewalk Ends. I reread this collection so many times I could resight it by heart and did.
- Though a Glass Darkly. So many unlikeable characters and shocking circumstances.
- The Help. One of many good examples of great storytelling
- Outlander. Such a variety of genres in one book (series).
- Sweet Savage Love. My first historical romance.
- Love You Forever. Now that I have kids, this books makes me cry every time.
- What to Expect When Expecting. For my first pregnancy, I read this book every. single. day. It’s an amazing reference for a new mother
Now I challenge Books for Her/Erin to list her top 10 (and I know she’ll cheat and add a few … but I’m not one to force her to narrow it down).