Since smacking a rating on somebody's hard work is completely arbitrary (and we use half-stars just because we can) here's what all that business about stars means to us at Books for Her:
- * 1 star: Irrelevant. We just won’t do it … this is somebody’s hard work we’re talking about.
- ** 2 stars: Just wasn’t for us.
- ** 2.5 stars: It was ok, but something was missing
- *** 3 stars: Liked it, through and through
- *** 3.5 stars: Liked it to the edge of love- a stage 1 crush.
- **** 4 stars: Loved it!
- **** 4.5 stars: Loved it and probably stayed up all night reading and developing real feelings for fictional people.
- ***** 5 stars: Practically blew my mind, great for a book club and maybe even taught in schools.