Mother’s Day is approaching and who can think of a better way to celebrate mom than by giving her a book – and some time to relax by herself. Here’s some ideas to get you started:
- The Professional. It’s great for any book lover really, but the Amazon Kindle is the perfect gift for working moms. At an affordable $49 for the Kindle or $99 for the Kindle Paperwhite, you’ll make mom happy with a screen that reads clearly outside, has a crispy clean appearance and is the same height/depth as a pencil. Even if Mom already has a tablet, she may appreciate this smaller designed-for-reading device.
- Adventurous Moms. Does mom read a little of everything? Maybe it’s time for her to read some Southern Lit … I didn’t even know it existed until Erin/Books for Her posted her review. It’s a a 4-star read.
- Mothers + Grandmothers. Well it’s not exactly a book, but I can’t tell you how much joy my mom gets out of the custom made, hard cover photo book from our family photo shoot. In fact, she asked for another one – exactly the same – for their winter home! Note: Spend the extra bucks for a hard cover … it’s worth the spend. Soft covers wear like a magazine while hard covers wear like a book and last for years. Here’s a deal we found too:
- Romantic Mothers. My latest favorite relaxing read is Twice a Fool by Meredith Duran. It’s the perfect mix of mystery and romance. Read the review.
- The Wanna-be Cook. (That’s me). A cookbook that shows us how to use normal, everyday ingredients to make a family meal. There’s nothing more frustrating that finding a recipe and then figuring out you don’t have all the ingredients. I love that this book uses the basics and can help a mom put together a meal at the last minute. (That’s me too).
- And sometimes picking out a book for Mom is just too hard … in that case, buy a nice card, write a personal note and include a nice
- . We all know it’s the phone calls and personal thank-yous that make moms happiest anyway.Happy Mother’s Day to all those fabulous mothers out there. You work hard 24 hours a day, with no holidays or weekends – and WE LOVE YOU!